- In Australia, 8.2 billion articles of junk mail are produced every year, along with over 650 million articles of addressed promotional mail. By taking the following steps to reduce the junk mail that ends up in your bin, you are helping to minimise precious water and paper resources:
- Place a 'No Advertising Material' sticker on your letter box.
- The stickers are available free of charge from the Distribution Standards Board on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope to DSB Sticker PO Box 6252 Karingal Vic 3199.
For more information or to report irresponsible distribution of junk mail, call:
- Register your details with the Australian Direct Marketing Association's 'Do Not Mail Service'.
- The 500+ members of ADMA are required to respect your privacy and allow you to register to stop receiving addressed and unsolicited mail from them. Allow 45 days for the request to be processed.
To request removal, provide your full details by phone or email: